Tuesday 6 August 2013

The £5 investment...

I'm a member of an on-line business network.
 
I like being a member of this network. It allows me to undertake an element of networking at  a time that suits me and my work schedule, rather than at 7am or lunchtime
 
Not quite the same as an in-person networking club, however there is excellent advice and banter amongst the members, some of which clearly meet up on a regular basis.
 
It's a great source for sharing information too. Many members will ask questions about the best place to go for a coffee or who would you recommend for fitting double glazing. It's great and members are clearly willing to provide advice to other members when there is no benefit to them personally.
 
However I noticed a post last week about a member asking for a recommendation for printing business cards. they had already approached a local company for a price but wanted a comparison.
 
There were 17 replies.
 
Most backed up the original poster, agreeing that she had made the right call in going to the local company. The company isn't the one I work for, but they have a good reputation for quality and service. whilst being competitively priced.
 
Other replies were suggesting that she should be using price as the one and only factor in buying business cards. They really were suggesting that spending £5 for 250 cards or whatever was the best way to promote their company.
 
Your business card says everything about your company, and if you're only going to spend £5 (and believe me, people know that's what you've spent!), what does that say about you?
 
Like I said, it's a great network and I really enjoy my daily visits, but some of the information has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment